Front Desk Attendant
HER Cincinnati is hiring a part-time Front Desk Attendants for the Anna Louise Inn, 2401 Reading Road, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The hours of the positions are:
• Part-time 24-32 hours per week, working 2nd shift (4:00 pm to midnight) during the week, and 1st (8:00 am to 4:00 pm) or 2nd shift when scheduled on a weekend day.
• Part-time 32-40 hours per week, working 1st shift during the week, and 1st or 2nd shift when scheduled on a weekend day.
The pay rate is $16.00 per hour.
The duties of the Front Desk Attendant include providing excellent customer service to clients, residents, staff, and visitors of Anna Louise Inn and the Off the Streets program. Ensure a safe and secure environment; communicate regularly with program facilitators regarding client and resident behavior, emergencies, and other areas of concern; perform administrative work.
Specific duties of the front desk position include but are not limited to:
• Receive and welcome all residents, clients, staff, and visitors; direct visitors to the appropriate location and/or advise appropriate staff of person waiting.
• Supervision of incoming and exiting visitors for the purpose of security; notifying program facilitator if there is a cause for concern; monitor electronic security system.
• Receive and direct all incoming telephone calls; take complete, accurate messages as necessary.
• Assist with clerical duties, as assigned.
• Process inquiries concerning residency according to established procedures.
• Serve as initial contact with persons seeking emergency assistance.
• Assist in general cleaning and organization of workspaces.
• Maintain confidentiality in all areas for residents, clients, and staff.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• A high school diploma or equivalent required.
• At least one year of related work experience; experience and working knowledge in an office environment, including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be in recovery for at least two years, if applicable.
• Must demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse urban population, and a challenging population; demonstrate cultural sensitivity and emphasize a safe and respectful environment for clients, residents, and staff.
• Experience with and understanding of the importance of handling confidential information.
• Must have an outgoing, positive personality and excellent communication and organizational skills.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive hourly rate - $16.00 per hour
• 401k profit sharing and employer match
• Generous paid vacation and sick time
• Paid holidays
WHO WE ARE:
HER Cincinnati (housing, education, and recovery) is a social service agency whose mission is “empowering women to break the cycles of poverty, addiction, and human trafficking.” We have three supportive programs:
• Anna Louise Inn has been providing safe and affordable housing for single women since 1909. It is a safe harbor, offering a community of women a sense of home. Often our residents have nowhere else to go, and we provide the stability they need to offer them hope and independence.
• Cincinnati Scholar House is an affordable housing community designed to provide a stable living and learning environment for low-income single parents and their dependent children while the parent attends post-secondary classes. By providing this support, the Cincinnati Scholar House can assist single parents in achieving full-time employment and economic stability.
• Off the Streets is an award-winning, evidence-based program dedicated to serving the needs of women with histories of sex trafficking and exploitation. Off the Streets uses a culturally sensitive, trauma-informed model to help survivors of sex trafficking find safety, recovery, and empowerment. Read more about these and other programs at www.hercincinnati.org.
To apply for our Front Desk Attendant position, please e-mail your resume to our HR department - email@example.com. Please specify the hours you are available to work.
HER Cincinnati is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions, and lactation), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. An applicant’s right to privacy shall be respected and the results of inquiries shall be treated in confidence.
Front Desk Attendant